Coronavirus (COVID-19): Passenger Guidance
Updated: 19 July 2021
Our mission has always been to keep our towns and cities moving safely and efficiently. We are maintaining safeguarding measures to protect you, other passengers and your driver.
Here for you 24/7
You can rely on a V Cars Private Hire Vehicle to help you move around our community at any time of day or night.
Anyone showing symptoms associated with COVID-19 are urged to stay at home and not take any journeys. Follow the latest UK Government advice for staying safe outside your home.
Travel restrictions & social contact rules in England
Wash your hands
The Government is encouraging you to wash your hands before travelling and afterwards, and carry your own hand sanitiser at all times using it before and after each journey.
Sit in the back
To maximise social distancing in an enclosed space all passengers should sit in the rear seats of the vehicle. Preferably on the left if you are travelling alone.
Wear a face covering
It is recommended you wear a face covering when using a taxi or private hire vehicle. Although the government has relaxed some of the existing COVID-19 restrictions, it is recommended that face coverings should be worn for the duration of the journey to help protect you and your driver. This means they should be worn from when you get in the vehicle and they must stay in place until you get out.
Please follow Government guidance on how to wear a face covering.
Some people may be exempt. Please be respectful, not everyone can wear a face covering.
In these instances, passengers are encouraged to Download a face covering exemption card.
Open a window
During a journey, feel free to open the window or ask for it to be opened if it’s electronic and controlled by the driver.
Take your belongings
Remember to remove all waste and belongings from the vehicle at the end of your journey.
Responsible Driver Partners
We are making face coverings available to all Driver Partners.
We are piloting in-vehicle protective screens to help keep Driver Partners and passengers separated.
Vehicle hygiene & ventilation
Driver Partners continue to keep their vehicles clean inside and out, plus ensure there is sufficient ventilation during journeys.
To avoid you having to handle cash at the end of your journey, we have contactless payment options available for all journeys using AirPay or our mobile app.
Many of the journeys involve the delivery of items all of which are left at the door to minimise contact.
Terms and Conditions: journeys to/from the vaccination centre by vulnerable and/or elderly passengers
1) These Terms and Conditions relate to Veezu Limited (trading as Dragon Taxis and V Cars) agreeing to pay the fares for journeys taken by eligible passengers (as defined in paragraph 2) travelling to and/or from a COVID-19 vaccination centre (the “Promotion”).
2) The passengers eligible for free journeys are those passengers over 65 years and younger adults with long term clinical conditions as defined by the UK Government on 10 January 2021 (the “Passenger/s”).
3) The Promotion applies in the following circumstances:
a) The booking is made by participating GP practices on behalf of the Passengers.
b) The participating GP practices are required to confirm the time and date of the Passenger’s vaccination appointment to Veezu Limited with address information.
c) The journeys are exclusively for the benefit of Passengers (as defined in paragraph 2) travelling from their homes to a COVID-19 vaccination centre for the purposes of receiving a vaccine, and a return journey to their home if requested.
d) The journey is limited to travelling from the Passenger’s home to the vaccination centre taking the most direct route with no pick-ups on the way. Similarly, where the journey is a return journey from the vaccination centre, it must be direct to the Passenger’s home with no pick-ups on the way.
e) Where a return journey is required for the Passenger the GP practice will need to make a separate booking. If the Passenger specifically requests that the Driver Partner waits for them during their appointment, the Passenger will be responsible for the waiting time.
4) The Promotion was originally available until 31 January 2021, and has been extended until 14 February 2021, when it will automatically end.
5) Veezu Limited reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion or where it becomes necessary to do so at its absolute discretion without liability to any persons.
6) Successful redemption of the Promotion is subject to the availability of driver-partners and vehicles.
7) The Promotion cannot be transferred, duplicated or sold and there is no cash value.
8) Veezu Limited does not assume any responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion.
9) Veezu Limited’s decision regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
10) Veezu Limited reserves the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Promotion period. For any issues in relation to a Promotion, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
12) Nothing in these terms and Conditions creates a legally binding relationship between Veezu Limited and the participating GP practice.